CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Breakfast talk: Being snooty?

Breakfast talk this morning comes to you from the first TK noodle ever, in San Jose on 6th and William Street.

Being in a traditionally Vietnamese restaurant, I ordered, in my native tongue, a usual - huu tieu my khong hanh ngo va da. The hostess ask in perfect English "no bean sprouts and ... what?"

Now, maybe I'm be a little snooty, but who works at TK noodle house and doesn't know Vietnamese. At the TK noodle house in Lion Plaza at Tully and King, anyone who interacts with customers speaks at least 3 languages - Vietnamese, Chinese, and English. I wonder if I wasn't pointing at the menu item if she would've gotten my order right.

Sheesh.

Ah well, order's here.


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

0 comments: