CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

NFS: Carbon

Finally. It's done.


After days and days of frustrating restarts, near-impossible runs, I've finally beaten all the bosses in Need For Speed Carbon.  For the most part, it was a reliance on older, lower tiered cars to beat the higher teired vehicles.  Also, I still have yet to beat the final boss with a tuner car.  Since the Evo IX had the very best handling, but simply par in terms of handling and acceleration, I was very unsuccessful in keeping up with Darius, regardless of my ease of manuverability for many of the corners.  Researching the topic a bit, I took a random poster's recommendation of using the Ford GT, and after almost fully tricking it out, I was able to beat the final boss by a sliver on the canyon duel.

I'm excited to get to trying out the next NFS title aimed at street racing/ricing - NFS Undercover.

Also, I picked up a copy of Resident Evil 4 for PC, but am now realizing I'll have to use a controller to play it.  That seems so asinine.  I'm playing on a computer!  Let me use my mouse and keyboard!  I don't want to have to haul out a controller just to play a game - also more often it's easier with a mouse and keyboard.  I haven't seen any RE4 gameplay though, so maybe it is more suited towards using a joypad.  It's still frustrating though.  What if I didn't have a gamepad?  What if I left it at home and I was on vacation/at school/at a friend's house?

Bah, enough ranting.

0 comments: