CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Nordstrom Rack and ... Planning Things

Its strange, that saying: "it never works out the way you want it to." Most of the time it does, but one only always ends up remembering when it didn't.

First dates never go like you plan them to. Even if you're just winging it. Sometimes the "winging" goes wrong.

Today is the opening of Nordstrom Rack at Oakridge. Being a curious consumer, I naturally wanted to be there for its grand opening. Can't be THAT many people interested, right? They're not giving anything away or being featured in the paper like Bloomingdale's up in SF's Union Square was when they opened. (Well they are giving away a shopping spree, but nothing tangible to the first X amount of customers or anything)

But as it turns out my doctor's appointment is at 11:30 am. While the store does open at 10, I had originally hoped that todays lab would be short and allow me to leave early to be there for the opening. Doesn't look like so, and with lab taking up the full time today until 10:20, I'm then going to have to race through traffic to get my doctors appointment on time, rather than NR. How about that. My stupid ear infection is making me miss the opening of NR.

Why not just go after? While it certainly is plausible to go after, all the excitement would be gone. Its all about being one of the first!

Well, maybe NR will be in the news tomorrow. Time to pack up and head to school/class.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

0 comments: